Tuesday, December 30, 2008

notes from work

One thing to remember when sitting at a desk job - hips! I've felt so much better lately after remembering to periodically stretch my hip flexors (easy to do with a standing lunge in the bathroom, say), and the outside of my hips by putting a foot up on a knee while sitting, then leaning forward. Those parts tighten up so much from sitting in a chair, I just happened to remember it after something keying a memory of how humans weren't evolved to sit in chairs, however comfortable.

Also, with the new workouts I'm happy to be getting a sheath of muscle again; it'll be nice for the organ-deep strikes of systema, just in feeling less vulnerable than when I did when I wasn't working out and felt skinny and weak. It's not a big visible difference, but I'm starting to feel it.

No comments: